The delivery of information to our members and subscribers requires that we collect e-mail addresses and other personal information. Personal information may include mailing addresses, testimonials, credit cards and other personal information.
The process of collecting e-mail addresses and personal information may at times require that you re-verify the information you have submitted to us. This helps the Value Investors Association LLC to abide by all governing laws and to help protect the rights of our subscribers and members.
In freely supplying requested personal information you consent to our using your information to contact you for account maintenance issues, offers for our products or services and offers for products or services of selected third parties. This contact may occur in any manner including direct mail, email or telephone. If you do not wish to receive third party offers and advertisements, please notify us.
If you participate in our blogs by posting comments, the information submitted will be available for any eligible viewer of that blog to read and is no longer private. If you have a personal relationship or vested interest in any company or products that you mention in your comments and communication with us, we encourage that you disclose those relationships and any positions held in securities.
The above also pertains to other information collected such as surveys, testimonials, and customer feedback that you share with us or our subscribers and members. The sharing of this type of information is done on a voluntary basis.
- To improve our products, delivery channels, content and services;
- To ensure that subscriptions and memberships are delivered to the correct parties;
- To ensure that our Web Site is protected against unauthorized access;
- To notify you of updates to our products and services;
- To send you information about products and services we think might interest you;
- To assist in processing transactions between us.
We’d further like to assure you that we will not sell or disclose personal information about you unless;
- We have your permission to do so;
- Under circumstances required by law;
- In those situations where contractors or agents perform services for us including maintaining software, marketing or providing customer service. Information will be shared with such contractors only to the extent reasonably necessary for them to perform services on our behalf, and pursuant to confidentiality obligations;
- In those situations where we have joint marketing agreements to notify you of occasional discounts, products and services that we think may interest you. If you prefer not to receive these notices, simply contact us to let us know or opt-out of the e-mail subscription once it’s received. If you decide to provide personal information to one of our partners or advertisers, the information given will be handled under that company’s privacy policies.
We take many precautions to protect your information from unauthorized third-party access, alteration, theft, or misuse. For example, we use standard online security measures such as encryption and authentication to protect your credit card data. Regrettably, no computer system or online transaction is 100% secure, and we therefore cannot guarantee the security of the information you share with us.
We may use “cookies” to collect information that will allow us to provide you with a better user experience. This can include providing you with the most relevant information based on your interests, the elimination of having to view duplicate data and offers and to save your password so you do not have to re-enter it each time. If you would like more information about computer “cookies” we suggest visiting the US Government Information Bulletin which can be found at the following link; http://www.ciac.org/ciac/bulletins/i-034.shtml.
The Value Investors Association puts safeguards in place that comply with federal standards to guard your personal information. We take many precautions to protect your information from unauthorized access such as encryption and authentication procedures. However, no security system or online transaction is impenetrable or 100% secure. Therefore we cannot guarantee the security of the information you transmit to us and share with us.